Starts in 10 Months, 14 Days
October 4, 2019
Tall & Skinny — The Foundry Art Centre October 4 – December 6, 2019
Pay using PayPal or debit/credit card:
Or… mail your check to Kacey Cowdery, 623 Westborough Place, Webster Groves, MO 63119
Tall & Skinny, at The Foundry Art Centre, 520 N Main, St Charles, MO is a Missouri Fiber Artists (MoFA) members’ exhibit. Not juried, works will be accepted into the show until gallery space is filled. This exhibit runs concurrently with Quilt National.
Exhibition Timeline Entry Deadline: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Notifications Emailed: Saturday, August 10, 2019
Delivery of accepted works: September 17 & 18, 2019 Tuesday and Wednesday (to Kacey Cowdery)
Exhibit Dates: October 4 thru December 6, 2019
Reception: Friday, October 4, 6:00-8:00 PM
Pick up at Foundry: Sunday, December 8, 2019, 12:00 – 2:00
Return Shipping: Within three business days, items will be delivered to shippers. Items may be shipped via FedEx, UPS or USPS, received on September 17 or 18, 2019, to Kacey Cowdery, 623 Westborough Place, Webster Groves, MO 63119
- All artworks must be at least twice as tall as they are wide, i.e. 30”H x 15”W
- Works are to be no more than 72”H x 36”W.
- All works must be wall hung.
- Artworks, before they are framed must comply with this proportion and size.
- Frames must comply with this proportion and maximum size.
- All works must be the artist’s original concept.
- All pieces are to be ready to install – no exceptions.
Restrictions: All wall hung, No source of electric, No perishable organic materials
- An entry fee of work by an individual, up to 3 pieces, is $10.
- An entry fee for collaborative work, up to 3 pieces, is a separate $10.
- You may participate in one individual and one collaborative entry of up to 3 pieces each entry.
- Do NOT combine individual and collaborative works in a single entry.
Enter via Email to Kacey Cowdery email@example.com:
- Submit 1 overall image, 1200 pixels on the long side. Label image lastname.firstname.title.#
- When a detail or alternate view is required, use the same size and labeling method.
- Fill out the form online. Attach the form to your entry email, or scan and email, or print and email.
- On MoFA’s website Home Page, find this Call for Art.
- Click on the Paypal button. If you have a Paypal account, enter your username and password.
- Or, sign up for a Paypal account and continue with the process.
- Pay $10 for 1 entry, or $20 for 2 entries (individual and/or collaborative).
- Or mail your check and form to Kacey Cowdery, 623 Westborough Place, Webster Groves, MO 63119
Awards: Awards of Recognition will be given. Publicity: Regardless of copyright, Missouri Fiber Artists and The Foundry reserve the right to use your submitted photographs, and to photograph the gallery, in order to use the images for reproduction in color or black and white; of all artworks submitted to Tall & Skinny, for educational and publicity purposes.
Insurance, Liability, and Sales:
- No insurance is provided by The Foundry or MoFA. Any insurance must be provided by the artist.
- There is no security in the Ameristar Gallery.
- All entries must include a sale price or (NFS) Not For Sale.
- All reasonable care will be taken with your works. The Foundry nor staff, MoFA nor MoFA members can be held responsible for theft or damage.
The Foundry takes a 35% commission on sales. Works will be held until the end of the exhibit. Artist will be paid between the time of the sale and shortly after the end of the exhibit.
- Works are to be shipped or hand-delivered in sturdy boxes to Kacey Cowdery
- DO NOT use Packing Peanuts. Keep your boxes as small as possible.
- Attach your name and title to the back of each artwork, hanging devices, boxes, and packing materials.
Shipping and Pick Up at the end of the show: Work is shipped at the artist’s expense. Artists who wish to have their work shipped back to them must include prepaid shipping labels or stamps for return shipping. Cash and checks are discouraged. Shipped artwork submitted without pre-paid return shipping, will not be shipped without prior compensation. Pick up at The Foundry, Sunday, December 8, 2019, 12:00 – 2:00. Or, arrangements should be made before the pick-up date, by artists who cannot pick-up at this time. Inform the Exhibitions Committee, if someone will pick up for you. Without prior notification, MoFA may not release artworks to someone other than the artist.