Starts in 11 Months, 5 Days
September 27, 2019 to November 7, 2019 All Day
Portraits & Portrayal
Framations, 218 N Main, in downtown St Charles, MO is a Missouri Fiber Artists (MoFA) members’ exhibit. Not juried, works will be accepted until the gallery space is filled.
Entry Deadline: Wednesday, July 31, 2019
Notifications Emailed: Saturday, August 10, 2019
Delivery of accepted works: September 17 & 18, 2019 Tuesday and Wednesday (to Kacey Cowdery)
Exhibit Dates: September 27 thru November 7, 2019
Reception: Friday, September 27, 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Pick up at Framations: Saturday, November 9, 2019, 10:00 – 12:00
Return Shipping: Within three business days, items will be delivered to shippers.
Items may be shipped via FedEx, UPS or USPS, received on September 17 or 18, 2019, to:
Kacey Cowdery, 623 Westborough Place, Webster Groves, MO 63119
Call or email to arrange hand delivery to Kacey Cowdery: 314-968-5041, email@example.com
Eligibility: Open to current MoFA members. To join, submit registration at www.missourifiberartists.org
- All pieces must use a gallery wrapped canvas of 16” x 20” x ¾”, horizontal or vertical.
- Artwork may not extend beyond the edges of the canvas.
- Works may project beyond the face of the canvas while remaining stable when hung.
- Smaller works may be attached to the canvas.
- You may cover the canvas with additional cloth or paper, paint or color the canvas.
- Works must be artist’s original concept.
- All pieces are to be ready to hang – no exceptions. See instructions below.
Restrictions: Only wall-hung works, no source of electric, no perishable organic materials
– An entry fee of work by an individual, up to 3 pieces, is $10.
– An entry fee for collaborative work, up to 3 pieces, is a separate $10.
You may participate with one individual and one collaborative entry of up to 3 pieces each entry. Individual and collaborative works may NOT be combined in one entry.
Enter via Email to Kacey Cowdery firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Submit 1 overall picture per piece, 1900 pixels on the long side. Label image last name.first name.title.#
- When a detail or alternate view is required, use the same size and labeling method.
- Fill out the form online. Attach the form to your entry email.
- Pay fee(s) by …??? MoFA is working on this – no news for about a month.
Awards: Awards of Recognition and Visitors’ Choice will be given.
Publicity: Regardless of copyright, MoFA, and Framations reserve the right to photograph the gallery, and use your submitted photographs, for reproduction in color or black and white; of all artworks submitted to Portraits and Portrayals, for educational and publicity purposes.
Insurance, Liability, and Sales:
- No insurance is provided by Framations or MoFA. Any insurance must be provided by the artist.
- When Framations is open to the public, there is always someone in the shop.
- All entries must include a sale price and be for sale. Please do not enter pieces Not For Sale (NFS).
- All reasonable care will be taken with your works. Framations nor their staff, MoFA, nor MoFA members can be held responsible for theft or damage.
Framations takes a 25% commission on sales. Works will be removed by the buyer when they are sold. Framations will mail a check to artists, no later than the 10th of the month following purchase.
An artist with work in this exhibit may also provide scarves for sale at Framations, with a 25% commission.
Delivery: Works are to be shipped or hand-delivered in sturdy boxes to Kacey Cowdery. DO NOT use Packing Peanuts. Keep your boxes as small as possible. Attach your name and title to the back of each artwork, boxes and packing materials.
Shipping and Pick up at the end of the show:
Work is shipped at the artist’s expense. Artists who wish to have their work shipped back to them must include prepaid shipping labels or stamps for return shipping. Cash and checks are discouraged. Shipped artwork submitted without pre-paid return shipping, will not be shipped without prior compensation.
Pick up at Framations, Saturday, November 9, 2019, 10:00 – Noon. Or arrangements should be made before the pick-up date, by artists who cannot pick-up at this time. Inform the Exhibitions Committee, if someone will pick up for you. Without prior notification, MoFA may not release artworks to someone other than the artist.
Horizontal or vertical, install eye hooks (or equal) to the inside of the stretcher, 4” from the top of the canvas. When stretched taut, the wire should be 2 ¾” from the top of the canvas.