Starts in 5 Days, 22 Hours
October 27, 2018 to October 27, 2018
Painting Portraits on Cloth and other fun stuff!
With Shirley Nachtrieb
St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre, 1 St. Peters Centre Blvd, St. Peters, MO 63376
Office 636-397-6903 ext. 1623, Shirley 636-947-1936, www.nachtrieb.com
October 26 & 27, 2018, 9:30am-3:30 pm, $110
This 2-day workshop will show you how to paint on fabric using simple acrylic paints from Golden, fluid acrylics. Go to http://missourifiberartists.org/artist_mofa/shirley-eley-nachtrieb/ for more ideas! Any subject matter will be entertained.
- Assorted fabrics to include some sheers, blacks, whites, and tone-on-tone, plain muslin for doll faces, greys for cat faces, etc. If the fabric is the dominant color of the subject that you are painting, the process moves more quickly. Cutting shears for fabric.
- Paint Golden fluid acrylics, Quinacridone Nickle azo gold, Primary Magenta, Thalo Turquois, black and white acrylic or gesso. Micro pens.
- Brushes – Assorted synthetics
- Embroidery threads, scissors, thimble, straight pins, masking tape, small buttons
- ½ gal water bucket or large yogurt containers
- Paper towels, hair drier, reference materials (faces, dolls, animals, etc.)
- Drawing paper (computer paper is fine), fine Sharpie pen. Scissors for cardboard
- Cardboard from a cereal box or something similar, lightweight to cut the template out.
- Palette paper or freezer paper covered cardboard, we will mix our paints on this, about 9 x 12 size.
- Watercolor pencils if you have them (I will bring mine to loan out) or fabric pens for embellishing design.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – Cut out and return with fee – – – – – – – – – –
Shirley Nachtrieb, 908 Ruth Drive, St. Charles, MO 63301
Name__________________________ phone_____________ check # ___________
Address _________________________________________________ email:_____________________
Painting on Cloth October 26 & 27, 2018