March 29, 2017 to March 31, 2017
Crossroads Arts Council
SPANNING THE GENERATIONS ART SHOW
March 29th, 30th, and 31st
Presented from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm each evening at the Wentzville Community Club
500 West Main Street, Wentzville, MO 63385
Mission Statement: By bringing in local artists to showcase their work, we hope to promote civic values, make the City an attractive place to live, work, and visit. The policies set forth herein are intended to achieve those goals.
Art Submission Policy:
- Exhibits are conducted under the auspices of the Crossroads Arts Council, in partnership with WASSI, Wentzville Area Senior Services, Inc., the Wentzville Community Club and Wentzville Parks and Recreation.
- Artists must submit application and a photo of their work. Applications are accepted until March 22nd and are considered for this show only.
- Digital images are strongly preferred, but photographs are acceptable. Artists should submit one image. Applications must include:
- Name(s) of artist(s).
- All contact information.
- Résumé(s), including information about any prior exhibitions of the work proposed.
- A brief statement about the work, both in terms of content and process.
- Image size and outer dimensions of the work proposed.
Applications for the event are linked to at the bottom of this post and should be emailed to: email@example.com
Or they may be mailed to: Crossroads Arts Council
ATTN: Art Show
P.O. Box 515
Wentzville, MO 63385
Contact Diane at 636-327-4771 for more information. Leave a message and your call will be returned.
Receipt of applications will be acknowledged by email or phone. Photos will not be returned.
- After initial review by the Art Show Committee, the Committee will determine the specific piece to be exhibited. Only one entry per artist.
- The Committee shall decide on the suitability of any art, its framing or support structure, and any visual or written material that might accompany a piece in deciding the suitability of any work. The Committee is mindful that all segments of the community and all age groups use the display area. Specifically, the following objectives are paramount in selecting and developing the Art Show.
- To present a variety of exhibitions by local artists in the visual arts;
- To help local artists, emerging student artists, and senior citizens, increase their public exposure;
- To promote cultural arts programming in the City of Wentzville, Missouri and throughout the St. Louis region through exhibitions that represent the values of the City of Wentzville and
- To present exhibitions that will create public notoriety and interest to sustain cultural arts programming through the funds raised through art shows and exhibitions.
Selections will necessarily be chosen based on subjective criteria, as taste in art is subjective. The Art Show Committee will base decisions on collective personal knowledge and expertise of art, knowledge of the values of the City, and audience consideration.
- Entries – Each artist may submit only one entry.
- Applicant must be at least 17 years of age.
- There is no entry fee for this art event.
- Original works of art in 2-D or 3-D artwork in any medium. (Excluding video and ceiling mounted pieces.) No prints, reproductions, photocopies, commercial art, work from patterns or kits accepted. Entry cannot have won in a previous competition within the past two years.
- All 2-D art must be suitably framed and ready to hang with a wire attached to the back for hanging. NO saw tooth hangers. All frames and mounting arrangements must be securely constructed. Work that is fragile in nature or whose framing or display arrangement is of questionable durability may be rejected.
- Works of art may be offered for sale, with prices established by the artist. Artists are responsible for conducting the sale of any work directly with the purchaser. Works that are not available for purchase must be clearly designated “NFS” (Not for Sale). Only those works selected for the show may be sold. There is no commission on the artists’ sales for this event.
- Works sold must remain on exhibit throughout the designated period. The artist must notify the Art Show staff immediately of a sale so that the artwork may be marked as “sold”.
- Artists are responsible for insuring their work. CAC and WCC will not be held responsible for loss or damage.
- Permission to photograph and reproduce any work accepted in the exhibition for publicity purposes is considered granted by the artist unless otherwise stated in writing.
- Crossroads Arts Council will arrange for publicity which will include print and media, local and regional.
- The artist is to complete both the event application and two labels, one to be attached to the piece, the other turned in with the application.
- Drop-off and Pick-up Dates: Work may be dropped off at the Wentzville Community Club, 500 West Main, on Monday, March 27, and Tuesday, March 28, between 4 p.m. and 8 p.m. Work must be taken at the end of the exhibit on the evening of April 1st. Arrangements can be made for pick up on Saturday, April 2nd, 10 a.m. and 1 p.m.
- Cash awards of $75 will be awarded to the first place winner in each of the three categories. $50 will be awarded to the winner of the People’s Choice. Ribbons will also be awarded in Professional, Non-Professional, and student classifications. Attendees at the event will vote for the People’s Choice winner. The number of entries per category will determine placement awards. Winners will be displayed at Progress Park later in the year.
APPLICATION DOWNLOAD: EVENT APPLICATION
OUR WEBSITE: http://www.crossroadsartscouncil.org