Starts in 3 Months, 4 Days
March 23, 2018 to March 25, 2018
MoFA 2018 Statewide Conference
Celebrating Forty Years of Missouri Fiber Artists
When: March 23-25, 2018
Location: St. Charles Community College MAP
Accommodations: Drury Inn, St. Peters
Conference Chairman: Rhonda Schrum
Keynote Speaker: Dawn Edwards–Owner, Felt So Right
Membership Exhibit–Functional Fibers
Fiber Artists got their start by creating functional pieces for use around their homes. They used their creative talents to turn function into beautiful pieces of art. This show will feature useful household items such as baskets, containers, quilts, linens, etc. *Please enter your wearables in the fashion show.
Be a Part of the 40th Anniversary Video!
Every member is requested to submit a short video (60-90 seconds) introducing yourself, showing a piece of your work and telling us why you love being in MoFA. All of the videos will be put together into one big video that will play at the conference. If you would like to purchase a cd of the video, please contact Bill Valle (email@example.com) . Bill will make you a cd. You can pick up your cd at the conference for $5 or have it mailed to you for $6. The video can be shot on your cell phone and uploaded. Don’t want to do it yourself? Our videographer, Bill Valle
will do it for you for $25. (firstname.lastname@example.org) Need an example? Rhonda’s video is below. Check it out. Please note-all videos must be recorded in a LANDSCAPE/HORIZONTAL format. Then upload it to YouTube and email Bill Valle (email@example.com) your title so he can pull it off and add it to the final product.
To upload a video to YouTube:
- Download the YouTube app. Free.
- Go to your video in your pictures and click on the send button. Scroll over and select YouTube.
- Give your video a title. Suggested title is: First name Last name MoFA video. Add a short description like: Introduction. Standard Definition, Category: Nonprofits and Activism. Public
- Click publish in upper right corner. **You will need fairly fast internet speed. If it won’t publish, your internet is probably too slow. Try it again at the library or other higher speed setting.
- Email your title to Bill. All done!